Monday 13 June 2011

Yikes!!

I am not sure if I am mentally well.  I know I am not physically well.  So I have had a long and serious discussion with myself  (see above) and realise that doing TWO  Canuck Place Adventure Challenge races in two days is a terrible idea...but I have come up with bad ideas before and they haven't turned out that bad in the end.

Saturday September 17th in North Vancouver and Sunday September 18th at Cultus Lake in Chilliwack!

In the ensuing 2 months I have to try fix my bike, start running, and do my normal kayaking challenging training regimen:  the day of the race 4k.

I would love your support.  Canuck Place Children's Hospice is one of the most beautiful places I have had the honour to spend time at.

Why are there two races?  Canuck Place is growing into Abbotsford.  The current house serves many families across BC and by having a house in the Fraser Valley it will make travel much easier for those families in the interior reaches of the province.  So it seems fitting:  2 hospices = 2 races.

Please help me raise money for the families of BC that belong to the Canuck Place family.

Malcolm

No comments:

The Blog

My name is Malcolm and I was a volunteer at Canuck Place Children's Hospice in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada for nearly seven years. Now I support them by raising money by participating in the Canuck Place Adventure Challenges!


I said hospice. Not really a word that you associate with children but there you go. We will tell you about the house as this blog progresses with the hope that you will learn, and as you learn we hope that you will share. The purpose of the Adventure Challenge is to raise money for AND awareness about Canuck Place.

The name of each kid at the house you read about has been changed.

September 14th and 15th are the dates for the next Adventure Challenges.

You can sponsor me for the race here: Adventure Challenge
Maybe you should do the race?

Names:

Just a quick note about the names of the kids in the house that you will read about: they are made up!