Friday 24 July 2009

Sponsorship - Tongue in Cheek

I understand that amateur athletes and professional athletes are always on the hunt for sponsorship. It is like sales: you have to knock on every door and give your sales pitch.

The difference between me and people who do athletics full time is the 'time' part. Nonetheless I believe I want a sponsorship...two of them!

The first would be a new ride. For those new to the blog I didn't own a bike 4 years ago and borrowed my big brother's bike: a skookum Brodie Enduro. The second year I borrowed it it was unceremoniously stolen from the back of my car the day of the race. Long story short: I ended up buying an old, too small, and scary condition bike on the corner of Hastings and Carroll (the Mecca of stolen goods in Vancouver...I was looking to see if my brother's had made it down yet) at 8am and began the race at 9am. (Long story long--click here!)

The second sponsorship would be a kilt. I own a Utilikilt (from Seattle) and as a joke told them of my intention to do the race in my kilt...but didn't want to ruin the one I own. They didn't respond to my joke.
I also sent a message to BiltKilt.com with same request. They are a canadian company so I am hoping for some homegrown hospitality!

I just though of a third sposorship I need: an Adventure Cam. Last year I mounted my camera on the bars of my bike and took pictures like this:



This year I am looking for a helmet mounted video camera that will take longer shots than one minute!

So there you have it. My three simple sponsorship dreams!

Somebody: Make it so.

Back to the House tonight. It has been a long time since I have been up there. Looking forward to it.

No comments:

The Blog

My name is Malcolm and I was a volunteer at Canuck Place Children's Hospice in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada for nearly seven years. Now I support them by raising money by participating in the Canuck Place Adventure Challenges!


I said hospice. Not really a word that you associate with children but there you go. We will tell you about the house as this blog progresses with the hope that you will learn, and as you learn we hope that you will share. The purpose of the Adventure Challenge is to raise money for AND awareness about Canuck Place.

The name of each kid at the house you read about has been changed.

September 14th and 15th are the dates for the next Adventure Challenges.

You can sponsor me for the race here: Adventure Challenge
Maybe you should do the race?

Names:

Just a quick note about the names of the kids in the house that you will read about: they are made up!